On 16 July 2020, Race was pleased to report results of the investigator led Phase II trial of bisantrene for relapsed or refractory Acute Myleoid Leukaemia. This post summarises the highlights and provides access to key resources related to the data read out.
- Analysis of Phase II trial of bisantrene for relapsed or refractory Acute Myleoid Leukaemia (R/R AML) showed an objective clinical response in 40% of patients
- Of the 10 patients treated, one patient achieved a complete remission and three patients achieved partial remission, a response rate comparable to historical bisantrene trials
- Bisantrene had marked activity in 4 out of 4 patients with the difficult to treat extramedullary (outside of the bone marrow) form of AML
- Bisantrene was well tolerated with no unexpected serious toxicities
- R/R AML represents a significant therapeutic challenge with no clearly established standard of care
Summary of resources:
Investors are invited to access the following resources related to the data read out:
- Impressive 40% clinical response rate in Phase II bisantrene AML trial: view announcement
- Investor briefing webinar transcript: view announcement
- Updated bisantrene Phase II data presentation: view announcement
In its Dr Boreham’s Crucible weekly column, Biotech Daily covered the trial in detail. To view a copy of that article, please click here.